Sunday, March 17, 2013

Popovers

This week I decided to try my hand at baking for the first time in a while. I used the Bittman recipe for Popovers on page 847. These flaky pastries are perfect as a side with soups or stews and as Bittman states, "they are best made at the last minute." So this dish was perfect alongside some blackbean and salsa soup that my grandmother had made. After cooking for Bittman's suggested 30 minutes, I decided to put it in the oven for a few minutes longer because the insides were still a little undercooked. By the time they came out, they were a perfect golden color and smelled like an excellent freshly baked bread.

Batter

Muffin tins are a perfect way to avoid unnecessary clean up.



Final product, notice the two that were grabbed right out the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment