Monday, March 18, 2013

Guacasalsa

So I have no idea if we have a recipe due this Monday night or next week with the whole "spring break" thing, but here I go. I decided to make guacamole with the adaptation of adding in salsa to make (who would have thought) guacasalsa. This recipe was found on the "How to Cook Everything" app that I got the first week of class, makes easier transport when hitting up the grocery store or visiting the parents house. They have all the recipes and adaptations but all on my phone. I've made guacamole before and kind of have the usual version that I mixed in with Bittman's recipe. I didn't have chili powder so I just used some season salt and garlic powder instead of actual garlic. I may have used a little too much salsa to avocado ratio, but it tastes delicious that way. I always add a little milk as well right after the avocados to make it a little creamier.


Basically this tastes delicious any way you want to make it but this weeks recipe was perfect for that night.
Ate the whole thing myself, no way was I sharing that night.
P.S. I would highly recommend the app for anyone in this class or future students!

No comments:

Post a Comment