Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moroccan Style Lentils with Quinoa

This week I tried to use ingredients that I already had in the kitchen. I needed to buy an onion and a few tomatoes. The Lentils, Six Ways recipe is from Bittman pg 431.









 


This was a fairly simple recipe. The most time consuming part was chopping up the onion, garlic, and tomatoes. After cooking the onion, I added the garlic. Then, the stock, tomatoes, bay leaf, cumin, tumeric, and cinnamon went in. I love tomato, so I added more tomato than the recipe called for. I let the mixutre simmer with the lid on to allow the flavors to blend together.


After about 15 minutes of simmering and a couple taste tests, the lentils were ready to be served.
 
 

In the end, the lentils had a lot of flavor and the quinoa seemed to go perfect with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment