Sunday, March 3, 2013

Stuffed Artichokes

This week I decided to make some stuffed artichokes. I haven't had them since my grandma made my sister and I eat them when we hated all vegetables. I thought it was about time to give them a second chance. The basic recipe was found in Bittman's textbook on page 253 for steamed artichokes and I added some cheese and spices to incorporate my grandma's recipe.
They turned out great and were actually fun to prepare. the best part was watching my roommates try to eat their first real artichoke. After a few minutes watching them attempt I though I should help out. Really simple recipe and I would definitely recommend adding cheese if anyone else wants to make this.





P.S. When steaming veggies, make sure you have a second lid. I just HAD to cook while band practice was going on downstairs and the vibrations from the bass amp knocked this guy off the counter and shattered. Now I will always wear some sort of footwear in my kitchen...and will wait until band practice is over.



No comments:

Post a Comment