Sunday, March 3, 2013

Butter Pecan Cookies



This week I decided to have a little bit of fun in the kitchen and try a new baking recipe. Baking is one of my favorite things to do in my free time, but one thing I have noticed is that I always gravitate to the same three or four recipes every time. So this week in order to switch things up I decided to look in Bittman and find a new delicious dessert to try. Since I have not had time to bake in awhile I felt limited by the ingredients I had in my apartment, but thankfully I found the rather simple butter cookie recipe. The recipe I used can be found on page 892. To this I added a half cup of chopped pecans and a tiny bit of maple syrup.
I really loved the way these turned out. I liked the flavor and texture. The only thing I wish would have happened was to have them flatten out a little bit. but regardless of their abnormal shape they were tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment