Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes


For my recipe this week I decided to help my family make dinner for Easter. With a lager family I knew there would be about fifteen people at dinner, so on wednesday I called my mom and asked her what she would like me to prepare and bring for dinner. She mentioned one of our old time favorite potato recipes. So this week I made cheesy hash brown potatoes. The prep time was about 10 minutes and the bake time was an hour and a half.

Ingredients:
2 lbs shredded hash browns, thawed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups sour cream
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups crushed potato chips
1/4 cup melted butter or 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon spray margarine

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/cheesy-hash-brown-potatoes-405708?oc=linkback
Everyone in the family thought the potatoes were a big hit! the only thing they recommended was adding more cheese. 
  Unfortunately my family ate the entire recipe before I remembered to take a picture! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment